[Moin-user] IIS bad URL generation. The / should be a ?

Troy Sorzano troyweb at infopackaging.com
Tue Oct 1 16:08:06 EDT 2002

Hi All,

Total newbie.  Loaded MoinMoin tonight on an W2K server running IIS 5.0
Package "MoinMoin" Release  1.1 Revision 1.162
Python version 2.2a2+ (#22, Sep  5 2001, 14:10:41) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]

My problem it seems is the HTML that is generated by MoinMoin is using a / "forward" slash between the URL filename and the URL variables.  If I manually replace the / with a ? the MoinMoin seems to work fine.

First problem I had was the default page index.html that was copied from the wiki\htdocs to the root of my wiki.  It had an ending / "backslash" on the following line

That would cause my IIS server to generate errors.  I removed the / and the default wiki page opened!  May be the Microsoft URL lockdown tool causing this one.  But it was a simple fix so I am not worried.  However there are more / problems with my install.

Most of the links on the default page are like this
http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxwiki/moin.cgi/RecentChanges
notice the forward slash after he moin.cgi.  IIS does not like it.  IIS wants it to be
http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxwiki/moin.cgi?RecentChanges
If I manualy replace the / with a ? the MoinMoin seems to work fine.  If I leave it as / I get a file not found since IIS would be looking for the file "RecentChanges"

This has to be an easy fix.  But I could not find any info on the Wiki's or help pages.   Google was even worse trying to search for / and ?.

Thanks for any info.

Troy Sorzano
Info Packaging