[Moin-user] How to set an anchor

Bradey Honsinger BradeyH2 at construx.com
Fri Sep 27 13:15:08 EDT 2002

I was looking at this a couple of weeks ago, and it appears that there are
two ways to do it:

Self:AnchorPage#foo -- works inline, but can't be enclosed in brackets and
renamed

wiki:Self:AnchorPage#foo -- works inline and can be enclosed in brackets and
renamed

Note that "Self" must be capitalized--using "self" doesn't work. Simply
using AnchorPage#foo doesn't work at all, as I'm sure you've
noticed--whether inline, enclosed in brackets, or enclosed in brackets with
quotes.

Adding "wiki:Self" to the beginning of every anchor reference isn't that
pretty, but it isn't that bad either. Using "wiki:Self" does add an
"InterWiki" icon to the resulting link, which the [#anchor] syntax doesn't
have. It also appears to be used quite a bit on the official MoinMoin wiki,
so I assume it's been officially blessed. If anyone knows of another way to
do it, let me know!

Juergen, I've added an example of this to the MoinMoin wiki's HelpOnLinking
page--do you want to add that to the CVS version of the page?

  - Bradey