[Moin-user] revert bugs in revision 1.172?

Adam Shand ashand at pixelworks.com
Wed Apr 16 12:19:12 EDT 2003

I get varied and presumably incorrect responses when i try and revert a
page to a previous version.

sometimes i get an "Internal Server Failure" and this in my Apache
error.log:

[Wed Apr 16 11:52:54 2003] [error] [client 12.154.195.3] malformed
header from script. Bad header=<table border="0"><tr><td alig:
/var/www/www.spack.org/index.cgi

Sometimes I get the actual raw html returned to the browser window (like
it's text/plain instead of text/html).

And sometimes I get the parsed content of the wiki page displayed, then
the Content-type header printed to the browser then the actual wiki
navigation bars and the page again as normal.

   http://www.spack.org/~larry/moin-revert-error-ie5.png

It seems to vary based on the browser you use (I've tested Win IE5 and
Linux Mozilla 1.3) and some variable I haven't been able to pin down.

You can test it by going here and trying to revert a page:

   http://www.spack.org/index.cgi/SandBox?action=info&history=1

I also see similar problems (again in a way that's unpredictable and
hard to reproduce) on page saves occasionally.  Most recently it's been
happening on my AdamShand page.  When it doesn't work it displays the
actual raw HTML to the browser window.

In all cases the actual action is performed as expected, it's just the
output to the browser that is strange.  Refreshing the page causes
things to function as normal.

Adam.

PS. Minor Update.  It appears (inconslusively) to matter whether you've
reverted to a particular revision of a page previously.  If you've
already reverted to a given page it appears to work (better).