[Moin-user] moin 1.1 not working - maybe os-dependent?

Pascal Mainini pascal at impressionet.ch
Sun Dec 7 17:33:03 EST 2003

moin moin!

i've got a really strange problem with moinmoin which makes it
completly unusable - unfortunately. i hope, somebody in here
can help me - maybe had the same problem or can point me
to a website which helps.

i've installed moinmoin 1.1 on a solaris 9 box under apache 1.3.28
with python 2.3.2
moinmoin was installed exactly as mentioned in the supplied
install.html - file. due to my system-setup, my moin-path is
/opt/csw/share/moin where i've got two instances i've set up
as the manual indicates.
also, the apache-config-options were added and properly adjusted
to the correct paths.

i can access both of the wikis - the problem begins when i try
to edit a page - it starts then some kind of a strange loop which
i think may be a problem with locking.

i reproduce the problem as follows:
- go to the wiki-url

- click on frontpage
gives me an url of xxx/<wikiinstance>/FrontPage - everything correct

- click on edit-text
gives me an url of xxx/<wikiinstance>/_2fFrontPage?action=edit
strange nah? also the displayed title is a little bit strange  Edit "//
FrontPage"

- ok, edit something and click on preview
now i get xxx/<wikiinstance>/_2f_2fFrontPage#preview - weird...
also the title is now: Preview of "///FrontPage"

i can play this game forever... when i look in my data/pages-dir, i see:
drwxrwxrwx   2 nobody   nobody       512 Dec  8 02:23 _2fFrontPage
drwxrwxrwx   2 nobody   nobody       512 Dec  8 02:23 _2f_2fFrontPage
drwxrwxrwx   2 nobody   nobody       512 Dec  8 02:27 _2f_2f_2fFrontPage

ah - btw, access-rights and owner/group are set properly.

so i guess it's maybe a problem with locking, with url-rewriting?
i get the same with multiple different browsers - cookies enabled for that
site.

has anybody gotten the same problem and found a way to fix it?
help would be very appreciated!

thanks in advance,

pascal