[Moin-user] directory problems

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 17:09:22 EST 2003

--- John Angelmo <john at veidit.net> wrote:
> Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> >> I'm installing moinmoin... The problem here seems to be:
> >>
> >> Checking directories...
> >> *** data directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data')
> >> *** text directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data/text')
> >> *** user directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data/user')
> >> *** backup directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data/backup')
> >>
> >> *** The edit log 'data/editlog' is not writable!
> >> Found an external diff: "diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7"
> >>
> >> So the dirs are there and I even changed them with "chmod 777" but
>
> >> still same problem
> >>
> >> is there something I can do to fix this?
> >

> > Use correct pathes. Maybe absolute pathes are easier than relative
> ones.
> >
> > data_dir = '/where/ever/you/have/it'
> >

> Checking directories...
> *** data directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to
> '/usr/local/share/moin/data')
> *** text directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to
> '/usr/local/share/moin/data/text')
> *** user directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to
> '/usr/local/share/moin/data/user')
> *** backup directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to
> '/usr/local/share/moin/data/backup')
>
> *** The edit log '/usr/local/share/moin/data/editlog' is not
> writable!
>
> Nope

You may have skipped a step in the docs HelpOnInstalling/ApacheOnUnix
1.2 and have not created a wiki instance, or have not correctly pointed
to it. Your ScriptAlias should be similar to:
  ScriptAlias /mywiki "/usr/local/share/moin/MYWIKI/moin.cgi/"
which would make the directories in the messages above similar to:
  /usr/local/share/moin/MYWIKI/data...
where MYWIKI is any name you want except "wiki".

Roger Haase