[Moin-user] syncronizing moinmoin wikis of two hosts

Robert Hölzl robert.hoelzl at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 17:34:00 EST 2003

hello,

we are thinking about using moinmoin wiki as the documentation system
for our companys internal documents. Since we have also external
employees, which are using a laptop I would like to run extra moinmoin
instances with local databases on their laptops. But I need a way to
syncronize their changes with our servers moinmoin database when they
connect their laptop to the intranet.

I was already thinking about a rsync over the data/text directories of
the server and the employees laptop. But I am not sure if this  would
not destroy the moinmoin's internal data structure. In every case I
suppose that this solution does not transfer the logs of the articles
change histories. But this would be acceptable for us.
It would be nice if somebody could tell us, if this solution would work
in principle, or if there is another solution (which would even save
the logs of changes if possible)

robert