[Moin-user] PluginMacroTestCase Error

Don Poitras poitras at pobox.com
Mon Dec 22 16:20:02 EST 2003

Hello,
   I just updated python to version 2.3.3 and MoinMoin to Release 1.1
Revision 1.178 (I know I know, I shouldn't have done both at once) and
now I'm getting a single error when running the '?test'. Here's the error:

runTest (MoinMoin._tests.test_wikimacro.PluginMacroTestCase) ... ERROR

ERROR: runTest (MoinMoin._tests.test_wikimacro.PluginMacroTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/hsphere/local/home/poitras/usr/lib/python/MoinMoin/_tests/test_wikimacro.py",
line 51, in runTest
   File
"/hsphere/local/home/poitras/usr/local/lib/python2.3/MoinMoin/wikimacro.py",
line 111, in execute
     return execute_external_macro(macro_name, "execute", (self, args))
   File
"/hsphere/local/home/poitras/usr/local/lib/python2.3/MoinMoin/wikimacro.py",
line 78, in execute_external_macro
     return execute(*args)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Ran 20 tests in 0.132s

FAILED (errors=1)

One odd thing is that the traceback is indicating that test_wikimacro.py
is being called from:
/hsphere/local/home/poitras/usr/lib/python/MoinMoin/_tests

when in fact, the location is:

/hsphere/local/home/poitras/usr/local/lib/python2.3/MoinMoin/_tests

I did some searching on the "TypeError" and all the hits seemed to
indicate a coding style issue. I really need to learn Python... But
until then, can anyone hazard a guess as to what's wrong? I see that
stats is no longer working either. I seem to remember having to do
something to get that to work last time...  Perhaps pysupport isn't
working? The entire section containing the failed line is:

     # try plugin dir
     # !!! plugin dir should prolly take precedence, but changing this
should
     # be done uniformly to all extensions (actions, etc.)
     if macro_name in plugin_macros:
         execute = pysupport.importPlugin(_plugins,
"MoinMoin.plugin.macro", macro_name, function)
         return execute(*args)

Thanks for any help.
Don

p.s. Someday I'm going to ask again for that code that allows embedded
blanks in attached file names. :) But if I learn Python first, perhaps I
won't have to...