[Moin-user] navi_bar and UserPreferences

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 17:43:03 EST 2003

--- Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyo\ne,
>
> I'm just trying out Moin Moin (lots of fun) and have two questions:
>
> - first, I want to change the navi_bar setting on my wiki, but am
>   having trouble.  My installation (from Debian Testing) came with
>   navi_bar undefined.  If I add a line
>
>   navi_bar = FrontPage
>
>   (for  instance) to moin_config.py, I get this error (from apache
> 1.3):
> -------------
> Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator,
> webmaster at anarres.utoronto.ca
> and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you
> might
> have done that may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server
> error
> log.
>

> Apache/1.3.26 Server at pc09.hist.utoronto.ca Port 80
>
> -------------------------
>
> meanwhile, the url at the top changes to
> http://[mywikibase]/WordIndex
> any idea what's going on?
>
> and another question:  why can't I define the "InterWiki" variable in
> the config file?
>
> Anyway, thanks loads for the help.  Best,
> Matt

Assuming you have version 1.0 from your Debian testing; you need to
check out the
...site-packages/MoinMoin/config.py
module. That is in a dictionary format, don't change it. Instead in
your ...moin/mywiki/moin_config.py
module you need to set a variable like this:
navi_bar = ['FrontPage',
        'RecentChanges',
        'TitleIndex',
        'WordIndex',
        'SiteNavigation',
        'HelpContents',]
to override the default.

The answer to "InterWiki" is also in the config.py module, I think you
want to set the "interwikiname" variable to a string in moin_config.py
(never tried it myself).

Roger Haase