[Moin-user] Exclusive lock

Nick Trout ntrout at rockstarvancouver.com
Fri Jan 17 13:46:03 EST 2003

I'm wanting to add an exclusive lock to MoinMoin to avoid the multiple users
editing a page at the same time. Has any work been done on this? I've just
upgraded our copy of Moin to the 1.1 version in the SF tar. It looks like I
could add something to PageEditor to check whether a file is already being
editted. What would be the official way of recording currently editted
pages? eg. a file containing pages being edited, creation and deletion of a
"lock" file (eg. FrontPage_lock).

I'd rather do it this way than do a merge. I think it might cause less
problems.

Is 1.0 still the official version? Is the 1.1 tar the CVS tar? Its says that
1.1 was released in Nov 02 but there is no mention on SF files.

Nick