[Moin-user] Moin on Xitami

Duncan Margetts duncan.margetts at cispl.com.au
Thu Jul 31 19:33:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

New member to the Group here!

I'm trying to get MoinMoin up and running in our organisation using Xitami
(www.xitami.com) as the Web Server.. I came across an excellent post to this
list from Dierk Hoppner
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=2173106 ).. which
seems to have most of what I need.. However, Step 2 of this post describes
create a CGI alias that looks like this:

 CGI aliasPoints to path:
 /dhoc : /moin/dho/moin.bat

 But the new WikiInstance I've created doesn't have this batch file.. I'm
assuming the batch file is an instantiation of Python and the moin.cgi
script.. I'm unsure what form this batch file should take..

I've tried this:

c:\python22\python moin.cgi %1 %2

But it results in the this error when I browse to my Wiki Instance:

c:\moin\cbus>c:\python22\python moin.cgi Content-Type: text/plain MoinMoin
CGI Diagnosis ====================== Your PYTHONPATH is: ['', 'C:\\moin',
'c:\\moin\\cbus', 'c:\\python22\\DLLs', 'c:\\python22\\lib',
'c:\\python22\\lib\\lib-tk', 'c:\\python22',
'c:\\python22\\lib\\site-packages'] Traceback (innermost last): File
"moin.cgi", line 20, in ? from MoinMoin import cgimain ImportError: No
module named MoinMoin

Have I missed some fundamental step in either the Xitami configuration or
the creation of the Wiki Instance? What should my batch file REALLY contain?
I'm running on WindowsXP. Opera Browser.. the URL I'm pointing Opera to is :
http://localhost/cbus?test

CBus is the name of my new Wiki.

Any help most gratefully received.

Kind Regards,