[Moin-user] Responce times of MoinMoin.

Marijn P. Vriens vriens at ciberania.cl
Mon Jun 2 14:30:07 EDT 2003

Hi listers,

I'm using MoinMoin 1.0 as an Interanet Wiki. It works without problems
until now, except that it takes a while to do any actions in the Wiki.
It takes serveral seconds (3 or so) to respond to anything. Since it's
Interanet that's a bit slow. The Wiki is running on a modest Linux
(Debian, Woody) machine (AMD-k6 @ 450Mhz) with Apache.

I've been looking a bit, and the server CPU gets a big hit from a python
process when a page is loaded. I'm thinking that the hit is a bit too
much.. can it be that some .py files of moin are not getting compiled?
And so how do i get them to compile. Or is there something else I can do
to speed-up the Wiki access?

Regards,
	Marijn Vriens.