[Moin-user] No Module

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 10:18:13 EDT 2003

http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/HelpOnInstalling_2fApacheOnWin32

> I've tried both moin.cgi
> and moin.bat (which I was running from)

I think the problem you are experiencing is the one many Windows users
had when they tried to use the bat file execution process. For some
reason, Apache is not passing on the environmental value set in the bat
file, and the result is the MoinMoin directories can not be found by
moin.cgi.  I think I read about this long ago when I wasn't paying
attention, and I have not been able to refind the reference or a
similar one.

Using your old installation with the bat file, a simple solution which
"should" work is to modify the moin.cgi file by uncommenting the lines:
   #import sys
   #sys.path.append('/usr/local/home/USERNAME/lib/python')
Modify the sys.path.append statement to point at
c:/Moin/Lib/site-packages

If you are trying to use the new procedure, this requires a complete
reinstallation of MoinMoin as several directories are in different
places.

Roger Haase