[Moin-user] Re: Installation on Solaris 8: No Editing result

Paul Melis melis at cs.utwente.nl
Sun Mar 9 10:51:06 EST 2003

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:09:02 +0100, Hendri Hondorp wrote:

>>I have installed the software on Solaris 8.
>>When I try to edit the wiki-pages nothing happened.
>
>That is very unlikely. Either you get the SAME page again (which your
>browser might have cached, so RELOAD), or some traceback or something.
>
>Be more specific.

Hello Jurgen, I worked with Hendri on getting Moin to work on our system. Here's some detailed behavior info:

- When we go to the sandbox, click edit, change something and use 'save changes' the page will not have changed at all. Neither is the last modified timestamp changed.
- If we try to do a preview first, the sandbox comes back as if it were requested normally (i.e. no edit box anymore), although there's "#preview" in the url.
- Same with 'check spelling'
- Reloading the pages doesn't change a thing

We have not observed any python tracebacks, or other indications of things going wrong (permissions, missing .py files, etc.).

The eventlog is clearly being updated, but none of the others are. The cgi_log doesn't seem to be written at all, is that normal?

Strange stuff, any clues?

Regards,
Paul

melis at cs.utwente.nl