[Moin-user] Wiki as CHM file

Nick Trout ntrout at rockstarvancouver.com
Fri Mar 21 12:54:13 EST 2003

Hi, I'd like to do a documentation project for a given topic (the language
Lua) and I was thinking that the whole thing could be edited and compiled
using Moin.

I was thinking I could use a modified version of scripts/moin_dump.py to
create a static version of the wiki which I could then compile using the MS
help compiler.

i.e.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/htmlhelp/ht
ml/vsconwhtsdll.asp

This would generate a CHM file of the wiki. I haven't really generated CHM
files before so this is a little experimental.

Has anybody tried anything like this, or does anyone have a better idea for
generating such documentation? Is there a solution (cross plaform) which is
better than CHM?

Regards,
Nick