[Moin-user] Can normal users access the raw code of old page versions?

Robert Pollak robert.pollak at gmx.net
Mon Mar 31 01:34:05 EST 2003

Jürgen Hermann wrote:
> Editing always happens on the current version. Merging is best done by
> using the current saved page content, and the backup 1.1 stores for you.
> And 1.1 makes conflicts quite more unlikely than before.

Yes - the lock/warning mechanism looks nice! I am looking forward to
moving to 1.1 when it is released.

I have found out that the action "raw" can also take a date argument
like "recall", e.g.
<http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/FrontPage?action=raw&date=1044225670>

Although it needs editing the link, this is more or less what I was
looking for in this thread.
Maybe this info should be added in HelpOnActions?

Referring to "action=revert", Jürgen said
> It is now listed, and it does work.

Looking at the diff, could it be that you mixed this up with
"action=content" or "action=recall"?
But with the raw+date syntax my question about "action=revert" has
become unimportant.

Thank you anyway!
Robert