[Moin-user] CVS tarballs - Test Results

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 18:38:25 EST 2003

--- Juergen Hermann <jh at web.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are now TWO tarballs: moin-HEAD.tar.gz moin-stable.tar.gz
>
> Also, the previously missing applets dir is now included. Please
> test.

I installed moin-stable.tar.gz of 2003-3-30 thinking it was an alpha of
the 1.1 release, but today I noticed both the HEAD and stable versions
had been updated to 3-31 versions which appear to be the same. I assume
these will eventually differ?

Here is what I found on the 3-30 stable version:

1. The moin-1.1/install.html has the old version of the Windows
Installation Using Apache, not the current version in
moin-1.1/wiki/data/text.

2. I think there is an extraneous/obsolete index.html in
moin-1.1/wiki/htdocs. This tries to load moin.cgi -- I don't think this
can work under any of the current installation scenarios.

3. On all pages, the output footer html code has a tag sequence:
the browsers I use but is invalid html. The form tags should enclose
the table.

Roger Haase