[Moin-user] Moin editing Error on IIS/WinXP-Pro

gritter at verizon.net gritter at verizon.net
Fri Nov 14 09:45:12 EST 2003

Attempting to install and run Moin 1.0 locally on a Windows XP Pro workstation with Python 2.1.2 under IIS 5.1.

Installation goes smoothly. When I go to localhost/mywiki, I see and can navigate around the seed front page, set user preferences, etc., no problem.

However attempting to Edit a page results in a error. The complete error message is below. I'm not a developer, so this is all foreign to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have enjoyed Moin as a personal organization & project tracking tool on another machine (WinXP Home + Apache), and would like to use it on this WinXP Pro box as well.

Thanks! Error message follows . . .

--------------

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Python 2.1.2
C:\Python\python.exe

A problem occurred while running a Python script. Here is the sequence of function calls leading up to the error, with the most recent (innermost) call first. The exception attributes are:
      args = (13, 'Permission denied')
      errno = 13
      filename = None
      strerror = 'Permission denied'

C:\Moin\MoinMoin\PageEditor.py in _write_file(self=<MoinMoin.PageEditor.PageEditor instance>, text="== Help Contents ==\n\nHere is a tour of the most ...ion notice to the MoinMoin user mailing list.]''\n")
  360                 and not is_deprecated:
  361             os.rename(page_filename, os.path.join(config.backup_dir,
  362                 wikiutil.quoteFilename(self.page_name) + '.' + str(os.path.getmtime(page_filename))))
       global wikiutil = <module 'MoinMoin.wikiutil' from 'C:\Moin\MoinMoin\wikiutil.pyc'>, global quoteFilename = undefined, self = <MoinMoin.PageEditor.PageEditor instance>, global page_name = undefined, global str = undefined, global os = <module 'os' from 'C:\Python\lib\os.pyc'>, global path = undefined, global getmtime = undefined, page_filename = r'data\text\HelpContents'
  363         else:
  364             if os.name == 'nt':

C:\Moin\MoinMoin\PageEditor.py in save_text(self=<MoinMoin.PageEditor.PageEditor instance>, request=<MoinMoin.request.Request instance>, newtext="== Help Contents ==\n\nHere is a tour of the most ...ion notice to the MoinMoin user mailing list.]''\n", datestamp='1021066294', **kw={'comment': '', 'notify': 0, 'stripspaces': 0})
  429
  430             # write the page file
  431             mtime = self._write_file(newtext)
       mtime = undefined, self = <MoinMoin.PageEditor.PageEditor instance>, global _write_file = undefined, newtext = "== Help Contents ==\n\nHere is a tour of the most ...ion notice to the MoinMoin user mailing list.]''\n"
  432
  433             # write the editlog entry

C:\Moin\MoinMoin\wikiaction.py in do_savepage(pagename='HelpContents', request=<MoinMoin.request.Request instance>)
  437     else:
  438         savemsg = pg.save_text(request, savetext, datestamp,
  439             stripspaces=rstrip, notify=notify, comment=comment)
       global stripspaces = undefined, rstrip = 0, notify = 0, comment = ''
  440         pg.send_page(request, msg=savemsg)
  441

C:\Moin\MoinMoin\cgimain.py in run(properties={})
  233         else:
  234             try:
  235                 cgitb.handler()
       cgitb = <module 'MoinMoin.support.cgitb' from 'C:\Moin\MoinMoin\support\cgitb.pyc'>, handler = <function do_savepage>
  236             except:
  237                 apply(cgi.print_exception, saved_exc)