[Moin-user] Re: Dumb "attachment:" question

Don Poitras poitras at pobox.com
Wed Oct 1 05:19:05 EDT 2003

Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> Don Poitras wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to figure out if I've got a version problem, or if I'm just
>>missing something obvious. From the CHANGES file
>

>>>Version 1.0 (2002-05-10, Revision 1.159)
>>>Bugfixes:
>>>   * correct handling of spaces in attachment filenames and URLs
>>
>>Yet, Ted observes at 1.0 that he is having trouble using filenames for
>>attachments:
>

> Strange. But 1.0 is stone-age-old meanwhile.

As I said, I get the same result it version 1.1 - Revision 1.173, which
I downloaded as the latest "stable build".
(http://moin.sourceforge.net/files/moin-stable.tar.gz)

> If he could reproduce his problems on cvs-nightly (and submit a bug if
> the problem stays) that would help us fixing the problem.

Since Ted posted a year ago, he may have just given up. I'm more
tenacious. :) I'd submit a bug if I knew it was a bug. What is the
syntax for attaching filenames with embedded blanks? Is there a wiki up
that is running the cvs-nightly that I could try this out on? (I don't
really want to use such a version in my wiki.)

> A workaround would be not using blanks in filenames (they make trouble
> in lots of other places, too).

Certainly. But since someone has already written a fix, I'd like to get it.

> Thomas

Thanks for looking at this.

Don