[Moin-user] _ = request.getText ?

Daniela Nicklas dani at miracle-solutions.de
Wed Oct 8 08:23:04 EDT 2003

Hi Robert,

Am 8.10.2003 schrieb Robert Groenewegen:

>Can anyone explain to me why I should include the line "_ =
>request.getText" in the actions that I create?
>
>I have been creating actions without this line and they work fine.
>But every action in the MoinMoin source and on the action market has
>this line. I just do not grog this at the moment (to be honest: I
>almost do not understand the "_" in python either. Sorry, but I have
>been working with Perl ...)

The "_" is the translation function for wikis in other languages. In
the i18n - directory you find different mappings of English strings to
a certain language. So if a strings goes through the _-function, it
will be translated, if the user has another language chosen and if
there is a mapping in the i18n file.

Hope this is right (I'm still learning about MoinMoin, too)

best regards, Daniela

InterNet: dani at miracle-solutions.de
Homepage: www.miracle-solutions.de/leute/dani