[Moin-user] _ = request.getText ?

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed Oct 8 08:45:10 EDT 2003

> Can anyone explain to me why I should include the line "_ = request.getText" in the actions that I create?

Because that (together with using _("What I want to say in english"))
makes internationalization possible - see the files in MoinMoin/i18n/.

> I have been creating actions without this line and they work fine.
 > But every action in the MoinMoin source and on the action market has
this line.

You need it only, if you output text. Text should be translatable to
other languages.

Very important is to really use request.getText (NOT i18n.whatever).