[Moin-user] question about storage

Gisbert Amm gia at webde-ag.de
Fri Oct 24 06:16:06 EDT 2003

> I currently intend to install Moin on my site and have had my
> host look
> into it, but in about 6 months I will be heading back to my
> own country
> and intend to set up a little server there.
>
> How do transfers work?  Can I "export" my wiki onto a new machine?

Of course you can tar the whole Wiki directory and untar it on another
machine. The only additional task to do is to install the MoinMoin package
on that machine and change the httpd.conf and probably some paths in
moin_config.py (@the others: am I missing something?).

The content of the Wiki directory is something like that:
backup
cache
cgi_log
dict.cache