[Moin-user] SMTP mailing of MOIN page updates

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Sep 25 12:49:04 EDT 2003

    Bill> Is there a separate SMTP Python package that needs to be installed
    Bill> to use the page subscription feature?

No, you need to set a couple variables in moin_config.py.  I think something
like

    mail_smarthost = 'your.mx.server.here'
    mail_from = 'wa7nwp at jnos.org'

is sufficient.  It would be nice if the distributed moin_config.py file
contained these variables (commented out, of course) with a comment block
explaining what they are for.  Most other config variables have default
settings in that file.

    Bill> I'm familiar with PERL where it seems any significant package
    Bill> requires multiple module installs.  Is it the same in the Python
    Bill> world?

Sometimes, but generally, no.

--
Skip Montanaro