[Moin-user] SMTP mailing of MOIN page updates

Marijn P. Vriens vriens at ciberania.cl
Thu Sep 25 13:39:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

Unless you have a customized python install (which i doubt is the case)
python comes with all the modules to make MoinMoin send emails.. just
fill in:

mail_smarthost = "my.outgoing.email.server"
from = "noreply at mydomain.com"

and it will give you the option to send emails to users subscribing to
wiki pages.

For a list of the modules that come standard with python see:
http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/modindex.html (python version 2.2.1)
it's quite a list, and all "normal" installs come with at least this
stuff.

--
Basically, this Linux stuff shows that Microsoft is going corporately
nuts.

But we knew that, already.
    -- theregister.co.uk