[Moin-user] (no subject)

Yusuf Abdulghani yaghani at mac.com
Tue Apr 6 11:16:01 EDT 2004

Fuji,

I am not sure if the cache is indeed the problem. The error message is:

"You dont' have permission to view <filename.tar.bz2>"

This looks more like a permissions issue. I checked the permissions for
this file and it is 755. I dont know why the wiki page does not allow
me to even "look at" (or download) this file.

Thanks.

Yusuf

On Apr 5, 2004, at 8:54 PM, Fujio Nobori wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 02:39:49PM -0700, Yusuf Abdulghani wrote:
>> If I try to link a file on my server using the following:
>>
>> [file://serveraddress/Directory/Starting/From/Root/filename.txt
>> filename.txt]
>>
>> and then click on the link in the browse mode, a dialog box pops up
>> saying that there is no such file on the server even though there is
>> indeed a file on the server "serveraddress" located at
>> "/Directory/Starting/From/Root/filename.txt"
>>
>> Any ideas why this could be happening. Any help is really appreciated.
>
> I encountered the same problem and found that it was 'cache'
> which was causing this.
>
> The link should be right once you click 'Refresh cache', but
> this problem appears again and again if you change your
> network often.
>
> So, I decided I wouldn't use cache by setting:
>
>     caching_formats = []
>
> in moin_config.py.
>
> If you really need caching, I have no idea how you can solve
> this...
>
> --
> Fujio Nobori                                     il|li
>     email: toh at fuji-climb.org                   q|@.@|p
>                                               m. ( o ) .m

Yusuf Abdulghani
Architecture and Performance Group
Apple Computer
408-974-5100

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who
don't!