[Moin-user] Steps to upgrade wiki pages from 1 -> 1.2.1

Nick Fisher moinmoin at nickdafish.com
Thu Apr 15 15:33:02 EDT 2004

Hello....
  I have a moinmoin wiki that I just upgraded from 1 to 1.2.1......
And now I would like to have the new system pages and I'm trying to work
out what the best way of going about that is.....
I could simply copy over the top of my current wiki with the new pages but
that seems a little slapdash. It could lead to pages that were in 1 and
not in 1.2.1 cluttering up the place.
I've had a bit of a poke around and I think that this will do it:

Delete all files in data/text that don't have a corrosponding file in
data/backup.

Check what files are left in data/text(Delete accedentally edited help
pages ect).

Delete all empty data/pages dirs.

Delete all data/pages/ dirs for pages that have been deleted in previous
steps.

Delete data/cache/Page.py/*

Delete data/cache/pagelinks/*

Copy new-wiki/data/text upgrade-wiki/data/text and don't overwrite (use
'-i' with cp)

So can anyone tell me if I'm shooting myself in the foot here? Am I
missing a step? Has someone already writen a script to do this?
Many thanks ;)

  Nick