[Moin-user] Steps to upgrade wiki pages from 1 -> 1.2.1

Nick Fisher moinmoin at nickdafish.com
Fri Apr 16 08:15:08 EDT 2004

>>   I have a moinmoin wiki that I just upgraded from 1 to 1.2.1......
>> And now I would like to have the new system pages and I'm trying to work
>> out what the best way of going about that is.....
>
> Currently simply do it manually. Not nice, but there is no other
> (proven) way yet.
>
>> I could simply copy over the top of my current wiki with the new pages
>> but
>> that seems a little slapdash. It could lead to pages that were in 1 and
>> not in 1.2.1 cluttering up the place.
>
> I am not aware of any removed pages. And even if there were, it wouldnt
> do much harm...
I'm not either... it's just part of the neatfreak in me.....

>> Delete all files in data/text that don't have a corrosponding file in
>> data/backup.
>
> Not having a backup doesnt mean much except that it hasnt been edited
> more than once.
Damnation! I thought that I had found a way of figuring out what pages had
been user created.
Perhaps in future we could somehow 'tag' the system pages, perhaps just
putting a comment on the page would do..... then I could just use grep.

>> Delete all data/pages/ dirs for pages that have been deleted in previous
>> steps.
>
> I did some pagescleaner script that removes orphan pages dirs. You can
> get in from the current development version (or search the wiki for it,
> maybe I attached it there, too).
I can't find it on the wiki..... and the dev downloads are.... confusing...
Could you just mail me a copy? No use re-inventing the wheel.

>> Delete data/cache/Page.py/*
>> Delete data/cache/pagelinks/*
>
> This is no problem as it will be recreated automatically.
I figured as much.

>> So can anyone tell me if I'm shooting myself in the foot here? Am I
>> missing a step? Has someone already writen a script to do this?
>
> Sound quite good.
>
> I simply use midnight commander's compare directory function and then
> manually deselect what should not get overwritten (e.g. FrontPage or
> StartSeite for germans).
>
> And running pagescleaner from time to time is also a good idea anyway.

Well sounds like I'm just going to be doing alot of copying......
Thanks....

  Nick