[Moin-user] Viewing/editing MoinMoin wikis using a decent editor?

Nick Trout nick at rockstarvancouver.com
Fri Apr 30 18:14:03 EDT 2004

> >Using HTML <textarea> widgets to edit large amounts of text is - at
best
> -
> >cumbersome.  I thought I might have better luck editing MoinMoin wiki
> pages
> >Does anyone have other ideas for avoiding my browser's <textarea>
widget
> >when editing wiki pages?
>
> I use Mozex under Firefox - you can configure an external editor for
> text areas. mozex.mozdev.org for more details.

Is there a way of doing this for IE?

There are possibly other solutions. I'd love to somehow integrate a
better editor into Moin. It would really help with non-technical users
taking it up.

I've thought about integrating editors such as:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fckeditor/

or writing a Java editor:

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinPageEditorApplet

But I've not got round to finishing anything! I'm not an
web/Java/Jscript expert. It would be pretty simple to do this in Moin my
deriving from PageEditor. Probably the best solution would be a
dedicated Java editor, perhaps written using Jython? Thoughts?

Nick