[Moin-user] writing macros?? confusion!

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 17 19:29:39 EDT 2004

Moin!

I am trying to write a macro & having some difficulty.

I wrote a tiny little macro & saved it as
/var/local/lib/testwiki/data/plugin/macro/TestMacro.py

& have the following line in my httpd.conf:
ScriptAlias /testwiki "/var/local/lib/testwiki/moin.cgi"

here's the macro:

#format python

def execute(macro, args):
    return '<p> this is a test! </>'

that's it.  I imagine t hat should work, right?  but I try embedding
i it & instead of executing, the page simply displays :
[[TestMacro.py]] with the TestMacro linked as a WikiName.
here's a link to the output:
http://www.derailleur.org/testwiki/WikiSandBox
so what'sw rong with this?  Do I have the syntax wrong?

All help appreciated, thanks,
matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094