[Moin-user] Problem with FastCGI

Steve Zatz slzatz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 11:14:19 EST 2004

First of all, I am a new MoinMoin user and I found the installation
and setup very straightforward.  I thank the developers for some
excellent work.

Of course, there are always problems and mine is with FastCGI.
Everything runs fine under CGI but when I try to run under FastCGI, I
get the following in my apache2 error log:

[Mon Dec 27 07:02:48 2004] [notice] FastCGI: wrapper mechanism enabled
(wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec2)
[Mon Dec 27 07:02:48 2004] [notice] FastCGI: process manager
initialized (pid 7969)
[Mon Dec 27 07:02:48 2004] [notice] Apache/2.0.50 (Ubuntu)
mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_scgi/1.2 configured -- resuming normal
operations
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "moin.fcg", line 38, in ?
    fcg.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/support/thfcgi.py",
line 505, in run
    self.sock.listen(5)
socket.error: (22, 'Invalid argument')
[Mon Dec 27 07:02:54 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: moin.fcg

I've googled for this but came up empty.
I am running on a plain vanilla Dell box
Using the stable distribution of Ubuntu (Debian-based)
Python 2.3.4
FastCGI 2.4.2
scgi 1.2
Apache 2.0.5

Apache seems to be properly configured for FastCGI as indicated by the
first couple of lines from the error log.  I am running scgi at the
same time and perhaps that's the problem although I am not sure why
that would be the case.  The right script, moin.fcg, is being called
but then there is a problem with the socket.  Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Steve