[Moin-user] Patch to 1.3.1 for automatic accounting

Brian Gallew geek at telerama.com
Wed Dec 29 05:38:24 EST 2004

I have attached a patch for a feature which makes *my* life much easier:
automatic account creation.

Premise: http_auth_enabled isn't very interesting (as is) when all of
your users are authenticated via a trusted mechanism as they all must go
through a second sign-on process (admittedly, only once).

My patch includes a couple bits:
1) adds an auto_account variable to multiconfig.py (defaults to 0 of
course).
2) Modifies User.__init__ in user.py such that, if auto_account and
http_auth_enabled are both set, default some user information and save it.
3) Modifies normalizeName in user.py such that "." and "@" are
permissible characters in usernames.  This is necessary for my
environment because we use mod_pubcookie for authentication.
mod_pubcookie returns userids like "geek at ANDREW.CMU.EDU" (e.g. the
Kerberos domain is part of the id).

If this patch is accepted I'll update the appropriate documentation.  If
the documentation has to come first, let me know and I'll deal with it.