[Moin-user] Problems with Login

Ralf Zosel ralf at zosel.com
Mon Feb 2 04:02:09 EST 2004

> I had the same problem using moinmoin 1.1 and apache 1.3.x (Linux). And it
> seems to me, that indeed it is an authentication problem: I have installed
> moinmoin in my home directory and the access is protected via a .htaccess
> file. In my first setup I used two different names for 'htaccess'-login and
> my moinmoin user settings. In this case I had the same problems like
> Christopher. After that I tried to use an user account with the same name as
> it is used at the 'htaccess' login - and the problem seems to be solved. But
> one should use a non wiki-like user name, because the htaccess authentication
> does not work correctly with wiki-like names.

With MoinMoin Version 1.1 [Revision 1.173] and Apache/1.3.26  it looks
like this:

If you take a non-WikiName for apache passwd you can work as usual in
MoinMoin with the cookies. Login and logout in MoinMoin is no problem.

If you take a WikiName for passwd and there is an identical
MoinMoin-Account you are logged in with this account without any cookie.
You even can not logout at all. This is usually a good thing for
intranet-wikis.

I don't have the trouble Christopher has. No idea why.

Ralf

--
http://www.jurawiki.de/RalfZosel