[Moin-user] PATCH - underlaid directory for system pages

Fujio Nobori toh at fuji-climb.org
Tue Feb 24 02:27:06 EST 2004

Hello,

# I already sent this patch to moin-dev.  I am sorry
# bothering again, developers.

Well, this patch lets you use a immutable directory for
pages, such as system pages, which can be shared by
different instances of MoinMoin on a server.

If you have multiple instances on a server, and don't want
system pages or help pages in your every instance, this
patch is for you.

When you use this feature, you put the system pages into one
directory, such as /var/htdocs/common, while the data/text
directory for instances can be completely empty.  If you go
to a FrontPage of an instance and there is no FrontPage in
the data/text directory in that instance, FrontPage in the
shared directory, /var/htdocs/common, is shown, as if it
were in the data/text directory of that instance.  It seems
like there is a shared directory laid under the directory of
an instance.

You can modify FrontPage, of cource,  and modified page is
saved in the data/text directory in that instance.  You can
add, modify, delete, or rename the files of the instance.

If you have some interest in this patch, please visit:

    http://toh.no-ip.com/TohToh/index.cgi/MoinMoinPatch

get the patch, and try it.

I will appreciate any comment.

Regards,

--
Fujio Nobori                                     il|li
    email: toh at fuji-climb.org                   q|@.@|p