[Moin-user] 1.2 Upgrade

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 08:59:06 EST 2004

I upgraded my Windows/ME test system to 1.2 yesterday. While I haven't
used all the new features yet, I am very impressed. The developers are
to be congratulated!

I only found one small bug not mentioned on:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinTodo_2fRelease_201_2e2_2e1

The variable width horizontal rule (---------) is broken, this appears
to be caused by:
hr {...
  height: 1px;...}
in the classic screen.css. Removing the height phrase fixes it.

I had a bit of trouble changing my css overrides into a theme. This was
made easy after I discovered the missing __init__.py in
wiki/data/plugin/ documented in the above url and turned off caching by
adding:
  caching_formats = []
to my moin_config.py.

While my theme is just a css override, it was so easy to do that I
would vote for an early removal of the "User CSS URL" from the user
preferences page.

Roger Haase