[Moin-user] SVG

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Feb 26 06:24:13 EST 2004

> Is SVG a widely enough supported format that Moin could consider moving
> the graphs over to it?

Which "graphs"?
  * TWikiDraw -> needs some JAVA coder (not me, definitely)
  * Moin iconbar icons?
  * Moin Logo?

In general, I think PNG is supported better as a end user format.

But we could use SVG for internal development and pre-render PNG in
different sizes out of it.

The main problem is that most developers are not desgin / graphics
people at all and moin would definitely need some artistic people caring
for that stuff.

We also need a "MoinMoin powered" logo for footer area.

Nir Soffer is working on a "modern" theme (will get in in 1.3 devel).

Heather Stern did some icons quite a while ago. Due to changes in moin,
they are incomplete (RAW icon missing).

And of course, there are the (IMHO too small) original icons.

So if you want to work on that, please do. See the wiki for some
criteria we think icons should fullfil.

greetings, Thomas