[Moin-user] Linking to attachments with spaces

Gisbert Amm gia at webde-ag.de
Fri Jan 9 08:34:03 EST 2004

> When I try:

> I get
>
>    Upload new attachment "LONG Filename - With Spaces (V1.0").doc
>
> That's progress.  It recognizes the filename up to the close
> parenthesis.

Sorry, I've overseen the parenthesis. You have to escape them aswell (like
any other non-ascii character)

> I was hoping there was a way I could surround the filename in
> quotes or
> something to get MoinMoin to recognize it.

There should be a way to do this, that's right. Did you have a look if there
is a feature request for that already?

> I was looking to use
> MoinMoin as a collaborative tool for the software development
> team I on.
>   We all have Windows machines, (and Windows filenames can contain
> spaces) so it would be cumbersome to rename filenames to
> remove spaces
> or replace the spaces with %20.

As I mentioned before: you do not have to rename your original files, just
give them a fresh, short name made only of ascii characters when uploading
them (e.g. by writing "attachment:shortname"). As a workaround, of course.

Regards
Gisbert Amm
http://web.de/