[Moin-user] Re: Problem with UserSettings after upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1

Dave Hill adh at newnhamresearch.com
Tue Jan 20 07:51:00 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:04:17 +0100, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> To rule out conflicts with different versions of the python libs I
>> deleted the directory /lib/python/site-packages/MoinMoin (and
>> reinstalled moinmoin). Still the same problems.
>>
>> Can anybody give me a hint, what might be the problem?
>
> If you use apache authentication (htpasswd), then apache will override
> moin authentication - this is a problem if you have different usernames
> on apache and on moinmoin.
>
> Thomas

I've just hit the same problem, it was doing my head in.

We're using AuthPAM rather than htpasswd files - I assume the result is
the same.

Here is a fix that seems to work for me.

Edit the file cgimain.py (in the site-packages/MoinMoin directory) and
comment out the following 3 lines:

    if os.environ.get('AUTH_TYPE','') == 'Basic':
        auth_username = os.environ.get('REMOTE_USER','')
        properties.update({'auth_username': auth_username})

Then delete the "cgimain.pyc" file and recompile it (I used "python2
/usr/lib/python2.2/Tools/compiler/compile.py cgimain.py" to do it.)

Dave Hill

--
Dave Hill
Systems Administrator, Newnham Research Ltd