[Moin-user] Re: Installing MoinMoin 1.2.2 at SourceForge.Net Project Web Space

Brian E. Gallew geek+ at cmu.edu
Thu Jul 1 11:44:07 EDT 2004

Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro wrote:
> I'm talking about a SOURCEFORGE PROJECT WEB SPACE.
> So ,i don't have a root account and i can't access the global config for
> my VirtualHost.
> In adittion , to set a ScriptAlias is not needed, i want just to access
> my wiki by using licentia.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi .

That's a problem.

> That's not the problem.
> The problem is that i can access the wiki (better,i can get the html
> source of the generated wiki page) only using python moin.cgi from my
> shell , and not from the web browser (so, accessing by the webserver
> gets 500 Error ).

First things first: does the shebang line in moin.cgi point to the
location of a useful python interpreter?

Does accessing it with the ?test parameter work?  Can you get access to
the web error log for your site (I don't know how SF does their web
logs)?  Is the file executable?  Can you run *any* CGI from there?