[Moin-user] suitable for driving backend applications?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jul 8 08:48:12 EDT 2004

I am completely new to moin moin other than having used it a bit and
edited some pages.  I have never set it up or developed anything with it
yet.

We have a moin moin wiki set up (by somebody else) and I have been
tasked with developing a new web application that ideally will fit
within the wiki infrastructure.

Can moin moin be used to develop applications?  For example, can I
create forms that take input and process that input on the back-end in
any similar fashion to using HTML and CGI?  Or is moin moin just
targeted to creating collaborative documentation?

If it can indeed be used to develop web applications, where can I find
more information on that aspect of it.  Sample applications, API
documentation, etc.  Anything would be helpful.

Thanx,
b.