[Moin-user] Email confirmaion for new user accounts?

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip at lug-delhi.org
Fri Jul 16 14:47:02 EDT 2004

I know this might not be liked by many people but I had to ask this. Would it
be against the wiki culture too much, if we incorporate user email
confirmations(like mailman lists) before we activate an user account?

Yes, it is an additional pain for new users, but it would make the user
accounts seem more auditable(?). It would be good to know, that an user
associated with a comment does in fact exists behind a legitimate email
address.

If one had to incorporate this into the main moin code, how should one go
about it? Could this be added as a plugin or something?

Thanks,
  Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
sandip (at) puroga.com

GPG: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3