[Moin-user] Webhoster

Matt H mrh2k2 at cox.net
Wed Jul 28 13:59:08 EDT 2004

On Jul 28, 2004, at 12:41 PM, Ralf Moll wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed MoinMoin on my home-machine and my friends like to use it,
> but the speed is not that good.

Is the slowness a result of a lack of bandwidth, or processing power?
If its processing power, then you might consider running MoinMoin with
Twisted. It made a big difference in speed on my 300MHz machine.

> So I need a cheap webhoster for MoinMoin, with SSH-Logins and maybe
> https.

Freeshell.org will allow you to run MoinMoin if you pay a one time
donation of $36. You'll also get:

  - 100MB home, 100MB web, 100MB mail
  - access to multiple subdomains
  - telnet, ssh, scp, ftp, ytalk, irc, gcc, lisp, perl, python, ruby,
php, etc.
  - access to your own UNIX shell account.