[Moin-user] Local themes?

Sebastian Padó pado at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Wed Jun 2 03:09:01 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have a wiki on a university server, and administration recently made
a global installation of MoinMoin 1.2, which (for some reason) broke
my local 1.1 install. I got it to work all right with the global
system now, but I'm lost about the themes.

I always had a (local) .css for the layout. Browsing through the docs,
I found out that css are now superseded by themes -- and from reading
HelpOnThemes, I got the impression that themes must be installed
globally (e.g. the code in MoinMoin/theme/THEMENAME.py), which, on our
server, resides in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages.

There are two or three themes installed (and they work, too), but I
would like to keep my old layout. Since I don't have write access to
/usr/lib, I tried to recreate the respective directories locally, but
without success (apparently the files weren't read at all).

Does anybody know whether this is possible at all, or have any
ideas/experiences?

Thanks a lot,

       Sebastian