[Moin-user] Re: Problems with moin + mod_python

Paul Moore paul.moore at atosorigin.com
Sun Jun 6 14:01:03 EDT 2004

Paul Moore <pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I have a minor problem, though. When I navigate to
> http://ukdcr030:8000/dbawiki/, I get the front page, as expected.
> However, if I then click on a link, say BackupAndRecovery, I get
> shown the front page *again*, but with a URL of
> http://ukdcr030:8000/dbawiki//BackupAndRecovery in the address bar
> (note the double slash in the middle). Hitting the same link again
> takes me to the right page, but with a URL of
> http://ukdcr030:8000/dbawiki//BackupAndRecovery/BackupAndRecovery.

I think I've found out what the issue here is. MoinMoin uses PATH_INFO
in its processing, but unfortunately, PATH_INFO isn't quite right for
mod_python. In fact, according to the mod_python author, PATH_INFO
isn't really a valid concept for mod_python, as it's defined (for CGI)
in terms of the "script", and mod_python isn't really a "script" in
the required sense.

For the details, see

http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2003-July/013950.html

and the related thread.

I'm not sure what to do about this - it seems like it's a bug in the
mod_python support code in MoinMoin, but I don't know how best to
report it - the SF bug tracker for MoinMoin seems pretty much unused.

The relevant code is in request.py, line 1110 or so (getPathinfo in
requestModPy). I think it needs to be "cleverer", but I don't know
how...

What should I do?

Paul.
--