[Moin-user] Trying to Install on XP

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 18:03:07 EDT 2004

--- Michael Oliver <oliverm at matrix-media.com> wrote:
> Ok spend more than two hours and gone through and back through
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling_2fApacheOnWin32 and
> the
> linked pages.
>

> I am using Windows XP
>
> Apache 2.0.49
>
> Python 2.3
>
> Python extensions for win32 pywin32/win32all
>
> Moin-1.2.2 and ran setup.py from the distribution and it created
> c:\Moin\Lib, Scripts and share as expected.
>

> I created siawiki under share\moin and copied   cgi-bin\* into
> siawiki
>

> I fixed the shebang in moin.cgi and hit /siawiki?test and got
>

> MoinMoin CGI Diagnosis
> ======================
>
> Package "MoinMoin" successfully imported.
>

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "C:/Moin/share/moin/siawiki/moin.cgi", line 22, in ?
>     request = RequestCGI()
>    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line
> 503,
> in __init__
>     RequestBase.__init__(self, properties)
>    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line 63,
> in
> __init__
>     self.dicts = self.initdicts()
>    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request.py", line
> 223,
> in initdicts
>     dicts.scandicts()
>    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikidicts.py", line
> 253,
> in scandicts
>     pagelist = wikiutil.getPageList(config.text_dir)
>    File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\wikiutil.py", line
> 274,
> in getPageList
>     pages = os.listdir(text_dir)
>  WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
> 'data\\text/*.*'
>

> I have no doubt I missed something but can't see it.

> Michael Oliver

If your path to siawiki is C:\Python23\share\moin\siawiki, then you
skipped all the recommended steps under the heading "Creating a wiki
instance". The usual approach is to create a separate folder structure
away from the Python tree.

So if you create a: C:\Moin\siawiki, siawiki will have a folder "data",
the "data" folder will contain folders for
backup,cache,pages,plugin,text, and user. The text folder will have
many files, the others few or none.

Your error message says the folder structure ...siawiki\data\text\ does
not exist.

Roger Haase