[Moin-user] Trying to write a "quick comment" macro

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 07:12:01 EDT 2004

I'm trying to write a macro which allows users to insert a "quick comment" on a
page. Basically, the macro puts a textarea on the page, into which the user
types, and a "Submit" button, which appends the contents of the textarea to the
page content.

Displaying the form is easy - I got that working in a few minutes. But I'm at a
loss as to where to look for hints on how to code a form action. Can anyone
point me at some sample code, documentation, or other hints on how I might do
this?

I could put a request into the MoinMoin Macro Market page, but I'd rather try
to implement it myself, if only for the learning experience...

Thanks,
Paul.