[Moin-user] Re: Subscribe to every page?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 9 09:51:03 EST 2004

    >> it would be nice if subscribing to the RecentChanges page took into
    >> account the expanded value of the [[RecentChanges]] macro so you
    >> could just subscribe to that page to monitor the entire site.

    Mike> Doesn't RSS of RecentChages suits you?

Can RSS be delivered in email?  If not, I still wind up having to go check
something.  It's an RSS reader instead of my web browser, but it still
requires conscious effort on my part to stop what I'm doing and go check.
Email just arrives, and only when I need it.  As I mentioned, I have to fix
something every couple of days.  If I needed to check myself, I'd have to
check much more frequently than that.  Procmail filters stuff like Moin
diffs into my python-dev mailbox which I read frequently (from XEmacs where
I do most of my software development, so the break in concentration is both
minimal and corresponds to a time when I will probably be reading and
processing multiple emails anyway).

Skip