[Moin-user] Moin 1.2.1 and ACLs

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Mar 17 04:58:30 EST 2004

> Since I installed moin 1.2.1 ACLs have stopped working.

Strange. I use it in multiple wikis and it works.

> acl_enabled = 1
> acl_rights_before = "TonyHoyle:read,write,admin,delete,revert
> +AdminGroup:admin Known:read,write,delete All:read"
> acl_default = "Known:read,write,delete All:read"

The last one was ever called "acl_rights_default". We love common
prefixes. ;) That didnt change from 1.1 to 1.2.x.

> #pragma section-numbers off
> #acl All:read Known:read

ACLs are processed from left to right, so it is a good idea to list the
more special ones left of the more common ones:

#acl Known:read All:read

Or, as "Known" is not able to do more than "All" anyway, just:

#acl All:read

> It seems the acl_default is being honored (since only logged in users
> can edit),

This is just because the default of "acl_rights_default" (set in
config.py) allows editing anyway.

 > but the #acl line is completely ignored - I've already had the front
page messed up more
> than once.

Maybe try to stop the wiki, remove *.pickle and start it again with 1.2.1.