[Moin-user] Moin 1.2.1 and ACLs

Fujio Nobori toh at fuji-climb.org
Tue Mar 23 21:13:01 EST 2004

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:56:42PM +0000, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Since I installed moin 1.2.1 ACLs have stopped working.  There's nothing
> in the changelog I can see that's relevant, so I can only assume they've
> broken at some point.
>
> My moin_config.py has:
>
> acl_enabled = 1
> acl_rights_before = "TonyHoyle:read,write,admin,delete,revert
> +AdminGroup:admin
> Known:read,write,delete All:read"
> acl_default = "Known:read,write,delete All:read"
>
> And the top of my front page has:
>
> #pragma section-numbers off
> #acl All:read Known:read
>
> It seems the acl_default is being honored (since only logged in users can
> edit), but the #acl line
> is completely ignored - I've already had the front page messed up more than
> once.

It is acl_rights_before that is being honored.  You have
"Known:read,write,delete" in your acl_rights_before, which
enables all valid users to read, write and delete all the
pages, whatever the acl line of each page is.

acl_rights_before is always applied before page or default
ACLs.

--
Fujio Nobori                                     il|li
    email: toh at fuji-climb.org                   q|@.@|p