[Moin-user] top/bottom links in headings

Jeff Loomis jloomis at authentica.com
Thu May 13 08:53:06 EDT 2004

> 1) I`ve noticed, that the bottom link in headings isn`t
> working. I`ve changed the user preferences, so that in every

At least on 1.2.1, there is another problem that I see which makes it a
bad idea to turn on top/bottom links.  The links seem to be inserted in
the cached version of the page.  If the cached page is generated by a
user with the preference turned on, then EVERYBODY gets the top/bottom
link from then on.  If a user with the preference turned off refreshes
the cache, then the top/bottom links disappear for everyone.  This
behavior makes the top/bottom link feature quite unpredictable, so I
asked everyone at my site to keep the preference turned off.  I guess it
would be OK if everybody wanted the links and all users had it turned
on.

-Jeff