[Moin-user] ACL difficulties - user seems not to be in a group

goofyfish at comcast.net goofyfish at comcast.net
Wed May 19 12:56:13 EDT 2004

I have a new wiki using moinmoin 1.2.1, with an AdminGroup containing myself (WillardKorfhage) and another user (JimBar). Config.py contains:

acl_enabled = 1

acl_rights_default = 'Trusted:read All:'

acl_rights_before = 'AdminGroup:read,write,admin,delete,revert'

The text on the AdminGroup page is:

#acl All:read

 * WillardKorfhage

 * JimBar

When logged in as myself, I can see everything in the wiki and edit it.

When logged in as JimBar, I can see the AdminGroup page, but I cannot view any other page.

If I change the config file to read:

acl_rights_before = 'AdminGroup,JimBar:read,write,admin,delete,revert'

Then everything is fine. This implies that JimBar is not in the AdminGroup, but as far as I can tell, he should be. I tried refreshing the cache for the AdminGroup page, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Willard