[Moin-user] difficulties using mod_python

Drew Wallner drew_wallner at rocketmail.com
Fri May 21 07:12:08 EDT 2004

Hi friendly MoinMoin community folks,

I have a simple question - as of 1.2.1, is mod_python "officially" supported or
not with MoinMoin?  I was not able to find a clear answer in the moinmaster
wiki.  There are some instructions, which I was able to use to get up and
running.  However I find when running inside mod_python certain features of my
wiki do not function as with CGI, these being user logins and "breadcrumbs".

Since these are essential to our use of MoinMoin at work, I need to be able to
tell say whether or not mod_python support is considered "official" because if
it's not, I can probably get permission to continue running as a CGI here at
work.

Thanks for any feedback!

Oh if it helps my platform is RHEL 3, my version of Python is 2.3.2 and my
version of mod_python is 3.0.3.  I am trying to use MoinMoin 1.2.1 with the
modpy wrapper (since my mod_python is < 3.1).  I have also tried to use
MoinMoin 1.1 (what we currently run in "production") with mod_python with no
success at all.

Regards,
Drew Wallner